HISTORY OF BAMBOO LAMINATED PRODUCT
- From Chopsticks to Floor to Household Items.
- Japan was the first market to gain acceptance.
- First ten years: developing technology and entering the market.
- Second ten years: market acceptance and perfection of quality
HISTORY OF BAMBOO MACHINE PROCESSING
- Traditional Handicrafts
- Pioneers, the Japanese
- Next phase, the Taiwanese
- Present leaders, China (Anji and other Processing Bases)
- NOW : Its our TIME – INDIA
With King of Bamboo Processing
Mr. Jackie Hong of Chin Yung (Chin Fu) of Taiwan, who give the technology to China.
BAMBOO GLUE BOARD MANUFACTURING PROCESS
Our Manufacturing Plan:
Principal Product Line Vertical glue board (products for IKEA)
Complementary products :
- Round sticks (ITC/Cycle/Retail).
- Briquettes (self consumption / Local Sale)
- Bio-Gas from bamboo waste.
We plan to manufacturer bamboo products and supply to the below
BAMBOO GLUEBOARD BASE PRODUCT
Interest Shown by IKEA
- Since last 3 to 4 Years, IKEA has been working on possibilities of sourcing bamboo products from India.
- Bamboo product sales is the fastest growing business in IKEA compare to other material.
- IKEA consume 1% of wood harvested.
- IKEA is opening 25 stores in India. First store was opened on 9th August, 2018.
ENSURING THE MARKET (IKEA and Others)
Progress made on our proposal to IKEA
- IKEA Bamboo sourcing Workshop was organised on 11th February 2016 at the Chief Minister Office of Mizoram under his chairmanship.
- IKEA Forest team visited Mizoram during 5-8 April 2016
- On 14 Oct 2016, along with IKEA company and S.A. Wood Chemicals Sdn Bhd of Malaysia (Glue Manufacturer) we made samples by using Mizoram bamboos for testing purposes at BCDI, Tripura which was sent to IKEA approved laboratory – NAWaL Analytical Laboratories. We cleared the most critical test - Formaldehyde test.
- On first week of October 2016, IKEA had invited us to their Headquarter in Sweden to attend meeting of potential Bamboo supplier from India. In this visit we understand more about IKEA plans for Bamboo and we had given our price offer and also share our plans for setting up a manufacturing unit.
- We attended IKEA forestry training which is conducted at IKEA office, Gurgaon on 24th October, 2016.
- We are meeting IKEA Category Manager on 14 & 15 May 2018 in Tripura.
GLUE BOARD TESTING
INDUSTRIAL REVOLUTION THROUGH BAMBOO
- Bamboo can bring about an industrial Revolution for the people of Mizoram to become self – sufficient
- Bamboo usage can be divided into the following categories:
- Traditional and local uses
- Bamboo Shoots
- Industrial Processing